A Tasty Bread And Butter Pudding Recipe: Bread and Butter Pudding from Fine Restaurants
5 months ago
While most Americans probably aren't familiar with this dish, it is something that most any Brit is well familiar with. Traditionally a dessert recipe, I could see having something like this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Joking aside, this dish is rich and resembles French toast. If you are intrigued, give it a try.
- 10-15 pieces of bread
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of superfine sugar
- 1 cup of cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of salted butter (melted)
- 8 ounces of dark chocolate (chopped)
- Remove the crust from the pieces of bread.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Then put it to the side.
- Pour the milk, cream, and vanilla into a pan. Warm it on low heat.
- Once warm, slowly whisk the mixture into the eggs and sugar.
- Strain the mixture and let it cool.
- Spread butter on the slices of bread and set them on a baking dish.
- Over the top of the bread, sprinkle the chopped chocolate.
- Follow this with another layer of bread and another layer of chocolate.
- Drizzle the mixture from earlier on top of the slices.
- Let the bread soak in the milk mix for about 30 minutes.
- In a preheated oven, bake for about 45 minutes @ 275°F.
- After removing from the oven, refrigerate the pudding.
- This is best served warm and sprinkled with a little confectioner's sugar.
- Cooking time (duration): 90 Minutes
- Number of servings (yield): 6 People
But most of the people out there are turning into vegans and trying to find something that tastes as delicious as a non-vegan product but without being non-vegan. For such people, we are going to give Eggless Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe.
Eggless Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe Made Easy
The bread pudding recipe is one of the easiest desserts to make in a short time, and if you make it in the microwave, it takes even less time. When you don't have much time at hand, microwave cooking can be a big help as you don't have to wait for ages to finish cooking. Given below is a simple bread and butter pudding recipe easy for the microwave. This recipe takes only 15 minutes of prep time and 10 minutes of cooking time.
What you will need:
- Bread slices - 2
- Butter - 2 tablespoons
- Brown sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Muesli - 2 tablespoons
- Mixed nuts (cashews, pistachios, almonds) cut into small pieces - 1/4 cup
- Full cream milk - 1 cup
- Cream - 1 cup
- Corn flour - 4 tablespoons
- Sugar - 5 tablespoons
- Vanilla essence - 1/4 teaspoon
- Dried raisins - 2 teaspoons
- Butter the bread slices on both sides.
- Cut the bread in triangles by slicing diagonally.
- Take a clean microwave-proof glass dish of 7x7x5 inch dimensions and line the buttered bread pieces at the bottom.
- Sprinkle the mixed nuts on top of the bread pieces.
- Sprinkle muesli on the top.
- In a clean bowl, mix the cream, sugar, vanilla essence, and dried raisins.
- Add 3/4 cup of milk and whisk well to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the cornflour to the remaining 1/4 cup of milk and whisk well.
- Pour this mixture in the cream and raisins mix and whisk well.
- Pour this custard mix in the side of the dish lined with bread and muesli. Don't pour on the top of the bread.
- Let the bread soak up the custard from the bottom.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on the top.
- Microwave on high power for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Let the pudding stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- My chocolate variation
- You will need
- Cooking chocolate - 85 grams
- Marmalade - 2 tablespoons
- Microwave the chocolate and marmalade till it melts.
- Whisk well.
- Pour this mixture on the top of the bread slices before adding muesli.
- You can also make a marmalade and chocolate sandwich of the bread triangles and then proceed as above.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon in the custard before cooking for extra flavors.
- Serve with whipped cream and cherries.
- You can use different kinds of bread when making this recipe, such as brioche bread, crusty bread croissant, and even buns.
- If you are using a giant dish and more slices of bread, then increase the microwave time (you will need about 8 minutes for four thick slices of bread).
- The bread and butter recipe is without eggs, so it is perfect for vegetarian guests.
Bread and Butter Pudding with Bourbon Sauce Recipe
- 1 bread
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Watkins Vanilla
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Watkins Cinnamon: 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins (discretionary)
Whiskey Sauce, formula follows.
Choose medium pieces. Include sugar and cinnamon. Blend milk, gently beaten eggs, and vanilla. Add to bread blend. Spot 1/2 blend in the meal. Layer walnuts and raisins, whenever utilized. Top with the remainder of the mixture. Prepare at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until daintily earthy colored. Serve warm with Bourbon sauce.
- Whiskey Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, liquefied
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon heating pop
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon Watkins Vanilla
- In a sauce container, blend all fixings. Heat to the point of boiling for 1 moment. Serve warm. Pour over bread pudding.
- Crusty fruit-filled treat Bread Pudding - Slow cooker Recipe
- Watkins Cooking Spray
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk, creamer, or light cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Watkins Cinnamon or Apple Bake Seasoning
- 1 21-ounce can thick crusty fruit-filled treat filling
- 6-1/2 cups cinnamon-raisin bread cut into 1/2-inch blocks, dried* (4-1/2 cups dry)
Whipped cream or vanilla frozen yogurt (discretionary)
- Softly coat within a 3-1/2-or 4-quart moderate cooker with nonstick cooking shower; put in a safe spot.
- In an enormous bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and sugar. Delicately mix in pie filling and bread blocks. Empty blends into the readied cooker.
- Spread and cook on low-heat setting for 3 hours until a blade embedded close to focus tells the truth (blend will be puffed). Eliminate liner from cooker, if conceivable, or turn off the cooker. Let stand, revealed, for 30 to 45 minutes to cool marginally before serving (pudding will fall as it cools).
- To serve, spoon bread pudding into dessert dishes. Whenever wanted, top each presenting with a touch of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt. Makes 6 servings.
To make 4-1/2 cups dry bread 3D squares, you'll need 8 or 9 cuts of new bread. Spread bread 3D squares in a solitary layer in a 15x10x1-inch heating container. Prepare, revealed, in a 300 degree F broiler for 10 to 15 minutes or until dry, mixing twice; cool.
Apple Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon Watkins Cinnamon
- 1/2 portion great 1-day-old bread, 4 cups cubed
- 4-5 apples, stripped, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup dim earthy colored sugar
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Watkins Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Watkins Ginger
- One Fourth teaspoon Watkins Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Watkins Cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
Butter an 8 x 8 square heating dish. Warmth the broiler to 350 degrees F. Throw the raisins with the cinnamon and put aside in a different bowl.
Put the solid bread shapes in the broiler for around 8 minutes, blending at times, to toast.
In an enormous griddle, sauté the apple pieces with the butter and earthy colored sugar until brilliant and scarcely delicate. Blend the apples, raisins, and pecans.
In a little pan, heat the milk, cream, butter, and earthy colored sugar until liquefied. Eliminate from warmth and race in the eggs and egg yolks. Race in the flavors and salt.
Blend the toasted bread in with the apple blend. Spoon into an 8 x 8-inch preparing dish and pour the cream blend over. Let sit for 60 minutes, if you have time, to assimilate or heat immediately. Prepare for around 45 minutes or until set. Let cool for at any rate 20 minutes before serving.
Present with Caramel Sauce.
- 3/4 teaspoons Watkins Apple Bake Seasoning can be fill in for the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in the egg blend.
- 2 cups cream
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Squeeze salt
- 1/4 cup butter
Warm the cream in a little pot over low to medium warmth. While it's warming, add the sugar and water to an enormous, weighty, high-sided skillet over high heat. Mix until the sugar breaks up; at that point, disregard it to bubble until it arrives at profound golden shading. You are searching for a dim caramel here because you will include cream don't as well, wince, and take it off the warmth when it's still merely pale gold!
Eliminate from warmth and race in the cream. Be cautious and include the cream gradually the caramel will rise savagely! Include the spot of salt and butter and whisk smooth. Stew until somewhat diminished. Makes roughly 3 cups. This will keep in the refrigerator for in any event, fourteen days.