Fortnite Keeps Reinstalling Itself: What's the Issue and How to Fix it?
6 months ago
The Fortnite new season has brought many notable new updates and some setbacks, mainly in that launcher. At the same time, many gamers reported that the game is working fine for them. But there are a small number of gamers who are experiencing reinstalling issues when the game loads up. Are you facing this similar issue of Fortnite Keeps Reinstalling Itself ? Do you want a quick and easy fix? Keep reading this article to find an easy solution that has worked for many people so far.
But before going for the solution, you must keep in mind that you are not the only one who is facing this issue. Many open-world games or Royal Battle games come up with some errors and bugs most of the time. But don't worry; now you are the right spot to fix the issue of Fortnite Keeps Reinstalling Itself. We have a solution that works for many gamers, and we are hopeful that it will work for you as well. We are also going to discuss the black screen fix of Fortnite later in this article. So, stay tuned.
Why & How Fortnite keeps Reinstalling itself?
The answer is quite funny and straight forward, Epic game launcher. Like many other games, Epic launcher is so dumb to trace the already created Fornite folder with the game. There are many reasons that Epic launcher can behave this way. One of the most happening is uninstalling and installing the game or moving it entirely to the installation folder.
These are two significant reasons that we have noticed so far why Epic game launcher is unable to find already created Fornite Folder. This keeps reinstalling the game on a loop.
How to Fix "Fortnite Keeps Reinstalling Itself" Issue?
First of all, go through your PC's data drive to find where you have installed the Fortnite Game. The default path of installation is
- Local Disk C: >> Program Files >> Epic Games >> Fortnite
- Now you need to rename the existing Fortnite Folder name to something different. To make it easy to follow, you can rename it to FortniteX.
- Go for Epic Launcher now. Open it, and most probably, you will be seeing the message where the launcher will be asking you for the installing folder.
- If you find the installation path different from the default folder path you have created earlier, change the Default's installation folder.
From our noticing and exploring many forums, the default path of the Fortnite game always ends with something or the word "Fortnite." Remember, this should be the same folder path where we have created our FortniteX folder earlier.
- Presently click on Install and let the game introduce somewhat 1% ought to be sufficient.
- Close the launcher
- When you explore the default establishment way, You will have two folders FortniteX and Fortnite, in the Epic games organizer.
- You need to Delete the recently made Fortnite Folder.
- Furthermore, Rename the FortniteX Folder back to Fortnite.
- Now attempt to dispatch the game again.
Boom now, you are all set to play Fortnite game with this simple and easy to follow the trick. In this way, you can make your launcher, though that you have got everything downloaded that needs to run this game.
How to Fix Crashes and a Black Screen While Playing Fortnite?
Generally, the dark screen crashes issue is by all accounts brought about by how the new update has to lead various documents to get harmed or adulterated - keeping the working framework from having the option to stack the records it needs to run the game.
Similarly, as with numerous product applications, there are multiple *potential* reasons for the issue (without a particular blunder code, it's commonly the situation that various problems can be at the base of the problem).
To this end, while BattlEye and the flawed film documents are the possible causes, the accompanying speaks to the full rundown of issues:
- BattlEye broken
- Broken film records (Season 5 in particular)
- Designs driver issues
- Windows obsolete/mistakes
- Fortnite mistakes
- Vault issues with Windows
It's imperative to note that "dark screen" crashes ordinarily show issues with the illustrations. This is the equivalent over the whole range of present-day updates.
In case you can't get Fortnite working after applying the means underneath, there might be more explicit issues with Windows or the game itself.
To determine the fundamental issues, there are various strides to stroll through...
1. Uninstall BattlEye
The initial step to follow is to dispose of the BattlEye development for the Fortnite game.
BattlEye is an outsider "hostile to cheat" bundle utilized with Fortnite, PUBG (and others) to offer additional help for the framework. It's significant. However, we can fix the establishment to guarantee that it doesn't bring on further blunders:
- Press "Windows" + "E" keys on your console
- Peruse to "C:/Program Files/Epic Games/Fortnite/FortniteGame/Binaries/Win64/BattlEye"
- Select "Uninstall_battlEye.bat" and let the screen cycle the order
- When complete, load up the Epic Games Launcher
- Select the "machine gear-piece" symbol on the left of the green "Dispatch" button
- Starting from the drop, select "Confirm."
- Let the check cycle run.
- After it finishes, restart your console.
Upon the restart occurring, you should have a go at stacking up Fortnite once more.
If it works, you ought to consider the issue settled.
2. Eliminate Faulty Movie Files
This was a newfound fix by somebody in the Epic Games discussions - it appears to be various Fortnite "film" documents were harmed or adulterated.
To do this, you can follow the means here:
- Press "Windows" + "E" keys on your console
- Peruse to "C:/Program Files/Epic Games/Fortnite/FortniteGame/Content/Movies/SRT"
- Erase everything in that organizer
- Next, return to the "films/movies" Folder.
- Search for the 3 "FNBR" film documents and erase them all
- From here, load up the "Epic Games Launcher" again and raise the "Confirm" measure.
Finally, you have not only fixed the issue of Fortnite Keeps reinstalling itself but also Crashes and a Black Screen While Playing. We hope now you can enjoy your game to the fullest without facing any further problems. If you find this article a worthy read, keep sharing it with your friends and family members. So they can play Fortnite without facing Fortnite Keeps reinstalling itself issue.