Reduce The Intake Of Sugars And Starches (carbohydrates)
The most important thing is to cut back on sugar and starch (carbohydrates).
When you do this, you will be less hungry and eat very few calories.
Instead of using carbohydrates to get energy, your body will start eating fat that it has stored as fuel now.
When you cut back on the amount of carbohydrates you eat, your body's insulin levels go down, which causes your kidneys to flush out extra sodium and water from your body. It reduces bloating and extra water weight.
Losing 10 pounds (4.54 kg) is not uncommon, sometimes in the first week you eat like this, in terms of both body fat and water weight.
This is a graph from a study comparing low carb and low fat diets in overweight or obese women.
The low carb group eats on a full stomach, while the low fat group has limited calories and appetite.
Reduce carbohydrates and you will automatically start eating fewer calories and will not go hungry.
Simply put, cutting carbohydrates automatically causes your body to lose fat.
Eat Protein, Fat, And Vegetables
It's important that each of your meals have some kind of protein and some kind of fat, as well as some kind of low-carbohydrate vegetables.
Your carbohydrate intake will automatically fall into the 20 to 50 grams per day range if you change your diet this way, so you don't have to do anything.
Sources of protein
- Meat: Beef, chicken, pork, mutton, etc.
- Fish and seafood: salmon, trout, shrimp, etc.
- Eggs: Whole eggs with the yolk are most recommended.
It Is Important To Eat Plenty Of Protein, But You Should Not Overdo It
This makes the body burn an extra 80 to 100 calories a day.
Up to 60% of the time, a high-protein diet can help you avoid cravings and obsessive thoughts about food. It also makes you feel so full that you automatically get 441 calories a day. Add protein to your diet and you'll eat less calories.
As far as nutrients go, protein is the king when it comes to weight loss.
Low Carb Vegetables
- Brussels sprouts
Don't be afraid to load your plate with these low carb vegetables. You can eat large amounts of 20 to 50 pure carbohydrates daily without using them.
A diet based primarily on meat and vegetables contains all the fiber, vitamins, and minerals you need to stay healthy.
Sources of fat
Eat 2 to 3 meals a day. If you are hungry in the afternoon, add a fourth meal.
Don't be afraid to eat fat, try to do both, eating low carb and low fat foods at the same time is a way to fail. It will make you sad and give up the plan.
Lift Weights 3 Times A Week
You do not need to exercise to lose weight on this plan, but it is recommended.
The best option is to go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Warm up and lift some weight.
If you are new to the gym, consult a coach.
By lifting weights, you will burn more calories and prevent your metabolism from slowing down, which is a very common weight loss side effect.
Studies on low carbohydrate diets show that you can lose significant amounts of body fat as well as gain some muscle mass.
If lifting weights is not an option for you, then cardiovascular exercises such as walking, jogging, running, cycling, or swimming will suffice.
Optional: Perform a "carb load" once a week.
You can take one day off a week where you can eat more carbohydrates. Many people prefer Saturday.
It is important to stick to healthy carbohydrate sources such as oatmeal, rice, quinoa, potatoes, yams, fruits, etc.
But this is the only day you can eat more carbohydrates - if you start doing it more than once a week, you will not see much success in this plan.
If you have to change your diet and have some unhealthy food, do it today.
Keep in mind that it's not necessary to cheat on food or carbohydrate loads, but it can help boost some fat-burning hormones like leptin and thyroid hormones.
You will gain some weight during the loading day, but most of it will be water weight and you will lose it again in the next 1 to 2 days.
What About Calories And Portion Control?
You don't need to count calories as long as you keep carbohydrates low and stick to low-carb proteins, fats, and vegetables.
You can use many of the best tools to keep track of how many calories you are eating.
The main goal of this plan is to keep your carbohydrates to less than 20 to 50 grams per day and get the rest of your calories from protein and fat.
10 Tips to Lose Weight and Make Things Easier (and Faster)
Here are 10 more tips to lose weight faster:
- Eat a high-protein breakfast. A high-protein breakfast reduces appetite and calorie intake throughout the day.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juices. These are the things that make you fat the most, and avoiding them can help you lose weight.
- Drink water half an hour before meals. One study found that drinking water half an hour before a meal reduced weight by 44% for three months.
- Choose healthy foods that will help you lose weight. Some foods are very helpful in reducing fat.
- Eat soluble fiber. Studies show that soluble fiber can reduce fat, especially in the abdominal area. Fiber supplements such as glucomannan can also help.
- Drink coffee or tea. If you like coffee or tea, you can eat as much as you want, as caffeine can increase your metabolism by 3-11%.
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Make the most of your diet. They are healthy, will make you feel full, and are less likely to overeat.
- Eat your food slowly. Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel full and increases your weight loss hormones.
- Check your weight daily. Studies show that people who weigh themselves on a daily basis are more likely to lose weight and keep it off for long periods of time.
- Get a good night's sleep. Sleep deprivation is one of the most important risk factors for weight gain, so it is important to take care of your sleep.
Eliminating sweets and carbohydrates from your diet will help you lose weight without hunger.
Each meal should include protein, fat, and low-carb vegetables. This puts you in the 20-50 gramme carbohydrate range and reduces your hunger.
It is best to undertake resistance exercises like weight lifting. If you can't do this, aerobic activity is also useful.
A weekday with more carbs is fine, but not required.
This diet does not require calorie counting. Keep your carbs between 20-50 grams.
It's vital to follow all three rules, but there are additional ways to speed up the process.