How To Take Measurements For Weight Loss?
As a general rule, when we start training and want to lose fat, gain muscle, and so on. We just look at our weight and see if we go up or down. But by doing so we only get data from which we do not know exactly whether we have lost weight by losing fat, or whether it has also gained muscle, if we have gained muscle and lost fat. Gained weight or increased your body fat.
Scales allow us to know some data, but we should not rely on that data alone. How our body is getting ready.
Things To Keep In Mind When Measuring Yourself
The first thing we need is a sewing tape measure, it will be our tool that we will be able to measure ourselves accurately and of course, where we can write the measurement.
In order to measure ourselves accurately, we must not only know what parts and how to measure them, but we must also do this at certain times: We must measure ourselves without training, because if we measure ourselves Train and just measure, then our muscles with congestion and more volume.
We should always measure ourselves at the same time, such as food, exercise, etc. Don't change the measurement and we get confused. It is better to measure yourself when you get up in the morning and when you are fasting, this way we will not have any fluid retention, the stomach will be empty and the measurement will be more real.
When it comes to measuring yourself, it is better to measure yourself without clothes or always use the same, so that the measurement of clothes does not change. We also have to be careful not to press the tape on our skin, because if we press it we will be cheating the tape, just like we gut. Lastly, make sure the tape is at the same height all the way through so as not to contain inaccurate data.
As long as they can help us measure, it will be better, because we can save currencies more accurately.
Which Body Parts Should Be Measured?
Whether you are a man or a woman, the procedure is the same and the areas to be measured are universal. There may be parts you don't want to measure and you can ignore, but it is recommended to measure in full.
- Neck: Measured under Adam's apple.
- Shoulders: Stand horizontally just below the collarbone, standing with shoulders relaxed and arms spread to the side.
- Chest: As before, standing and relaxed, breathing, resting, measuring nipple height or above. For women, you can measure bypassing the tape under the bust. Always keep the tape measure parallel to the ground.
- Waist: Measure the smallest part near and above the navel, comfortably, without inserting or removing the abdomen.
- Arm: They should be stretched with the body, wrist with arm. Performing contractions. It should be measured at the thickest part below the elbow.
- Thigh: It should be comfortable and while standing you should measure the thickest part below the hips.
- Calf: Comfortable, straight, and comfortable on the heel; Straighten the leg and measure on the thickest part.
- Biceps: On the same axis as the shoulders, arms are raised parallel to the ground, arms and wrists bend and contract. Measure the width.
- Hips or hips: Place the tape measure on your hips/hips and measure around the entire circle, always keeping the tape measure parallel to the ground.
What do You need To Know Before Taking A Body Measurement?
There are a few things to take into consideration when measuring anybody. For example, parties that are interested in the question should dress in the lightest and thinnest clothing possible so that the tape will suit their bodies well. If you are alone or at home, we recommend that you remove your clothes in order to achieve the desired outcome.
Furthermore, all measurements should be taken when standing, barefoot, and with an upright posture. A flexible tape measure is also recommended since metal hinders movement and rotation, which is required to measure the circumference of the waist, hips, bust, and shoulders, which is impossible with a rigid tape measure.
For this reason, we propose that you print a measurement sheet so that you can record each result without having to worry about making a clerical error. We've provided you with a table, and we'll assist you in precisely measuring your physique.
Measuring yourself will really help us to see how our body is changing and which parts are developing better, it is not necessary to measure yourself every day, every two weeks or a month is fine ۔ The important thing is to maintain consistency, to see progress over time.
Remember to write your measurements on paper, on your mobile, in an app, on your computer, etc. But if you know where they are, an Excel table or app is suggested that can make a comparison or view tables and changes at a glance.