How to start a keto diet?
The ketogenic diet can be very simple for some people, and very difficult for other people to start. If you want to lose weight, you should avoid carbs and eat foods like eggs, meat, fish, nuts, low-carbohydrate vegetables, and more. For this transition to be easy, we suggest that you change your diet for two weeks at a time. To help you start your new diet, we have put together a list of foods that you should eat and foods that you should not eat when you start a keto diet.
When you follow the keto diet, you eat a lot of fat and very little carbs. This can help you lose weight and keep your blood sugar and insulin levels in check. But how does this eating plan work, and how does it help you? The ketogenic diet changes your metabolism, removes extra carbohydrates, and encourages you to eat more fats and ketones.
Is there anything I can eat on a Keto diet?
People on the keto diet should add these foods to all of their meals:
EGGS: Meat. Fish. There are some types of meat that are allowed on the keto diet, but red meat is the best. Turkey, chicken, bacon, and sausage are also good to have. In addition, you should eat eggs and fish that are high in fat, like salmon, trout, and tuna.
Nuts, seeds, and nuts: A lot of different nuts and seeds, like almonds and chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and so on, can help you stay healthy.
There are many types of butter and cream that you can eat. If you can, we recommend that you eat organic butter and cream.
You can eat avocados and guacamole on this diet, which is a good thing. Healthy oils, like extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil, are also good for you.
Unprocessed cheeses such as goat cheese, cheddar, blue cheese, and mozzarella are good to eat. Salt, pepper, and most spices can also be used in seasonings, as can most salt and pepper.
Red fruits: Only berries like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries should be eaten, because they are good for you.
Low-carb vegetables: You can eat as many green vegetables as you want, as long as they aren't too many. All of these things are also there: onion, tomato, and peppers
Those snacks are also good for you.
Healthy snacks that are good for the keto diet: Between meals, you can snack on keto-style snacks. This is the best thing about it. These are just a few of the foods that you can eat to stay healthy. You can also have boiled eggs, strawberries with dark chocolate and dark chocolate-covered almonds.
What foods should I avoid on a ketogenic diet?
As a general rule, the foods you should avoid on the keto diet at all costs are the ones below: People who don't want to eat wheat, rice, pasta, or cereals should not eat these foods:
Sugar-free diet foods: These foods have a lot of sugar alcohols in them, which affects the levels of ketones in the body. They are also a lot of work to make.
Alcoholic drinks should be cut out because of their high carbohydrate content.
Fruits: All fruits, except for red fruits like strawberries, which are not fruits.
Sugary foods: Don't drink soft drinks, milkshakes, ice cream, sweets, juices, cakes, and so on, because these foods are high in sugar and can make you fat.
Some root vegetables and vegetables that grow in the ground: Sweet potatoes and other vegetables like them aren't allowed on the keto diet because they aren't good for your body.
Keto Diet Recipes
It doesn't make sense for you to start a new diet if it makes you stressed and headaches. The keto diet is right for you. People who go on the keto diet will enjoy it all the time because it has a lot of good things about it. When you eat this way, you'll stay full all day. As a bonus, there are also tasty keto recipes that are very easy to make, and they taste great. Next, I show you how to make two of my favourite recipes on the low-carb diet:
Ketogenic Diet Recipe #1: Keto Coffee or Bulletproof Coffee
Butter coffee or keto coffee, which is also called "bulletproof coffee," is one of my favourite things to drink when I'm on a low carb diet. This drink is made with coffee, butter, and coconut oil. This will give you a lot of energy and keep you full for a long time.
The preparation time is 5 minutes.
You need 150 to 300 ml of drinking water, 2 12 tablespoons of ground coffee, a tablespoon of butter without salt, one tablespoon of coconut oil, and one-half teaspoon of coffee creamer to make this drink:
Instructions for making:
In the same way you always do, make your cup of coffee. Preferably, choose coffee beans that have just been ground.
Some unsalted butter and some coconut oil and some coffee creamer should be added to the pancake mix, as well.
In the same way, you can add Stevia or Splenda or cinnamon powder or your favourite spices.
It's time to make a creamy latte. Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend for 30 seconds or until the texture is like a creamy latte.
And that's it! Enjoy a tasty cup of keto coffee!
Ketogenic Diet Recipe #2: Keto Protein Bread
A healthy and gluten-free recipe that goes well with your breakfast or your low-carb snack.
The preparation time is 5 minutes.
One scoop of low-carb protein, one egg, one tablespoon of butter, a pinch of cinnamon, walnuts, and almonds are some of the ingredients in this recipe (as many as you like).
Instructions for making:
Mix the low-carb protein scoop with one egg and then drink it down.
Add the melted butter, a pinch of cinnamon, walnuts, and almonds, and mix them all together well.
Place all of the ingredients in a microwave-safe container and put them in the microwave.
Finally, you'll microwave it for a minute and half, and then you'll serve the food.
** Use low carb protein for this keto bread recipe; chocolate and vanilla flavoured proteins work well with this recipe.
Knowing the allowed foods on the keto diet and the prohibited foods is very helpful when starting a keto diet. However, even with this information, creating the perfect keto menu can be a bit difficult. For this reason, and to guide you on the right path, I have created this “7 day meal plan, keto diet for beginners” :
- Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, ⅓ avocado; tea or coffee.
- Mid-morning keto snack: Ham and cheese roll.
- Lunch: Salad and chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese.
- Keto mid-afternoon snack: Low-calorie gelatin (1 or 2 cups).
- Dinner: 120 grams of Chicken Chop-suey with celery, onion, bean sprouts, and a little soy sauce.
- Breakfast: Two turkey sausages with cheese and pico de gallo; tea or coffee.
- Mid-morning keto snack: Keto coffee or Bulletproof coffee.
- Lunch: Chicken tacos in lettuce leaves (120 grams of chicken).
- Mid-afternoon keto snack: Pork cracklings.
- Dinner: salmon with butter; Serve with steamed vegetables.
- Breakfast: Omelette with two eggs, cheese and mushrooms; tea or coffee.
- Mid-morning keto snack: Low-calorie gelatin (1 or 2 cups).
- Lunch: 120 grams of baked fish with onion and spinach; serve with steamed broccoli and cheese.
- Keto mid-afternoon snack: A handful of almonds.
- Dinner: 120 grams of shrimp skewers with bacon, bell pepper, onion and tomatoes; accompanied with spinach and cheese.
- Breakfast: Low-calorie smoothie with almond milk and frozen strawberries; tea or coffee.
- Mid-morning keto snack: Pork cracklings.
- Lunch: Tuna salad with a tablespoon of mayonnaise and vegetables.
- Keto mid-afternoon snack: Guacamole with celery sticks.
- Dinner: 120 grams of chicken skewers, bell pepper, onion and tomatoes.
- Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with turkey sausage; accompanied with three tablespoons of guacamole; tea or coffee.
- Mid-morning keto snack: A handful of almonds.
- Lunch: Salad with 100 grams of shredded beef, tomato, onion, vinegar, ⅓ of avocado and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mid-afternoon keto snack: 2 slices of cheese.
- Dinner: 2 rolls of ham and cheese.