SuperBeets Heart Chews
The article provides a detailed review of SuperBeets Heart Chews, beetroot supplements claiming to boost nitric oxide levels and offer benefits like improved circulation, blood pressure, energy, and cardiovascular health. It analyzes the key ingredients, clinical research, pros and cons, compared alternatives, pricing, and overall efficacy to determine if these beet chews live up to their health promises.
- Main active ingredient is beetroot powder, which provides dietary nitrates that may increase nitric oxide production and improve blood flow.
- Research shows beetroots can lower blood pressure and enhance exercise endurance, but evidence is mixed for energy benefits.
- Possible digestive side effects from beetroot powder. Positive customer reviews, but results are gradual over weeks of consistent daily usage.
Beet supplements like SuperBeets have become increasingly popular in recent years for their potential health and performance benefits. The main ingredient – beetroot powder – is touted as a natural way to boost nitric oxide levels in the body. This molecule is responsible for increasing blood flow and circulation.
Higher nitric oxide levels are associated with lower blood pressure, increased energy and stamina, and improved heart health. SuperBeets Heart Chews are a convenient chewable form of concentrated beetroot containing other ingredients like cherry powder and vitamin D3.
The makers of SuperBeets claim these supplements can provide all the advantages of raw beets in an easy on-the-go daily chew. But do SuperBeets Heart Chews deliver on their promises?
In this comprehensive review, we’ll analyze the key ingredients, potential benefits, scientific research, pros and cons, and how SuperBeets compares to other beet supplements. Our goal is to provide an unbiased assessment of whether these nitric oxide-boosting beet chews live up to their health and performance claims.
What are SuperBeets Heart Chews?
SuperBeets Heart Chews are a dietary supplement produced by HumanN, a nutrition company founded by father and son team John and Austin.
These chews contain a best blend of ingredients centred around beetroot powder. Each chew provides the equivalent of 1 teaspoon of beetroot juice powder.
Some of the key ingredients in SuperBeets Heart Chews include:
- Beetroot powder – The main active ingredient, providing nitrates that convert to nitric oxide.
- Cherry powder – Contains antioxidants like anthocyanins and quercetin.
- Vitamin D3 – An essential micronutrient for immune health and circulation.
- Magnesium – Supports vascular function and blood pressure.
- Sodium – Helps with absorption and circulation.
SuperBeets Heart Chews come in small portable pouches containing 30 chews total. The recommended dosage is two chews daily, preferably in the morning. They can be taken with or without food.
The chews have a naturally sweet taste from beetroot and cherry powder. But many customer reviews mention their earthy bitterness, which takes some getting used to.
According to HumanN, consistency is essential to experience the benefits of increased energy, improved circulation, and better heart health. Next, we’ll dive into the specific potential benefits of the ingredients in SuperBeets.
Potential Benefits of SuperBeets Heart Chews
The main potential benefits of SuperBeets Heart Chews are tied to key active ingredients like beetroot powder. Here are some of the ways these beet supplements may improve health and performance:
- May boost nitric oxide levels – Beets are a natural source of inorganic nitrates. These compounds convert into nitric oxide in the body, which relaxes and widens blood vessels. Higher nitric oxide levels can improve circulation.
- Increases blood flow – By expanding blood vessels, SuperBeets can increase blood flow to tissues and organs. More efficient circulation helps transport oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
- May lower blood pressure – Multiple studies have found that dietary nitrates from beets can reduce blood pressure in adults within 3-6 hours. The nitric oxide boost is believed to improve vascular function.
- Provides antioxidants – The cherry powder in SuperBeets Heart Chews contains anthocyanins. These compounds have antioxidant properties,beneficial to reduce inflammation.
- Increases energy and stamina – Some evidence suggests nitrate supplementation can enhance exercise performance and endurance. Improved circulation may reduce muscle fatigue.
- Supports heart health – Combining better blood flow, lower blood pressure, and anti-inflammatory activity can benefit cardiovascular function.
Of course, these potential benefits depend on the individual and may vary widely. Next, we’ll analyze the available beet research to determine how well SuperBeets Heart Chews can deliver these advantages.
Overview of Clinical Research on Beets
SuperBeets Heart Chews rely heavily on the nitrates found naturally in beetroot powder as vasodilators and nitric oxide boosters. But what does the scientific research say about the potential benefits of beets?
Several studies have analyzed the effects of beetroot juice or nitrate supplements on markers of cardiovascular health and athletic performance:
- A 2017 meta-analysis of 24 studies found beetroot juice significantly lowered systolic and diastolic blood pressure in healthy adults. The average reductions were 4.1 mmHg for systolic and 1.1 mmHg for diastolic pressure.
- A 2015 study gave participants 70ml of beetroot juice daily for four weeks. They showed significantly improved leg muscle oxygenation levels during walking and 10-km running times versus the placebo group.
- A 2014 randomized control trial found acute ingestion of a beetroot juice shot 2.5 hours before exercise resulted in lowered oxygen consumption during moderate and severe intensity running in healthy males.
- Another study found that six days of beetroot juice supplementation reduced participants’ resting blood pressure by approximately 8/3 mmHg. Blood pressure remained lower throughout exercise testing.
Overall, the research indicates clear benefits of dietary nitrates from beets for lowering blood pressure and enhancing exercise performance related to oxygen use. Next, we’ll break down the key ingredients in SuperBeets Heart Chews.
SuperBeets Heart Chews Ingredients Breakdown
The proprietary blend in SuperBeets Heart Chews contains the following main active ingredients:
- Provides a concentrated source of dietary nitrates that convert to nitric oxide
- Dosage equivalent to 1 teaspoon of beetroot juice per chew
- It may help lower blood pressure and improve circulation
- Source of anthocyanins, quercetin, and other antioxidants
- Anthocyanins give tart cherries their red colour and reduce inflammation
- It may improve post-exercise recovery and muscle soreness
Vitamin D3 (500 IU)
- Essential for cardiovascular health and normal blood pressure
- Many people are deficient in vitamin D3
- Supports immune system function and calcium absorption
Magnesium (100 mg)
- Helps regulate blood pressure as a natural calcium channel blocker
- Supports vascular function and blood flow
- Deficiency connected to increased risk of Heart disease.
Sodium (55 mg)
- Sodium aids the absorption of nitrates to boost nitric oxide levels
- Moderate sodium intake supports healthy blood pressure
Pros and Cons of SuperBeets Heart Chews
How to Take SuperBeets Heart Chews
The recommended SuperBeets dosage is simple – just two chews daily, preferably in the morning. Each chew contains the nitrate equivalent of 1 teaspoon of beetroot juice.
For best results, the makers of SuperBeets recommend:
- Take consistently every day to maintain optimal nitric oxide levels. The effects taper off if you stop taking them.
- Drink plenty of water when taking the chews to support circulation. Dehydration can counteract the blood pressure benefits.
- Allow at least four weeks of daily use to notice benefits like increased energy. Effects are gradual and build over time.
- Avoid taking SuperBeets too close to bedtime, as the nitric oxide boost can disrupt sleep in some individuals.
- Check with your doctor before use if pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking medications – especially blood pressure-lowering drugs.
- Try taking the chews on an empty stomach, but reduce dosage if you experience digestive side effects like gas or bloating.
As with any supplement, it’s best to start with a low dose and work up slowly. Let your body adjust to increased nitrates from the beetroot powder.
Comparing SuperBeets to Other Beet Supplements
SuperBeets Heart Chews are far from the only beetroot supplement touting benefits for blood pressure, circulation, and performance. How does SuperBeets stack up against other popular beet options?
- Similar ingredients to SuperBeets but with added vitamin B12
- More expensive per serving than SuperBeets
- Contains beetroot, cherry, and pomegranate powders
- Requires taking three capsules per day
- Provides only beetroot powder in capsule form
- No other added ingredients like cherry or vitamins
- Capsules are more accessible to swallow than SuperBeets chews
- Slightly less expensive than SuperBeets
Naturevibe Botanicals Beet Root Powder
- Pure organic beetroot powder loose supplement
- No other added ingredients – just beets
- Need to measure doses vs. pre-portioned chews/capsules
- More cost-effective per gram of beetroot powder
Life Shotz Nitric Oxide Beet Juice
- Pure beet juice concentrate for a stronger beet taste
- Added apple juice and ginger for flavouring
- Most expensive liquid option but easier to absorb
- Provides only a single 2 oz shot per day
Overall, SuperBeets Heart Chews offer an excellent balance of affordability, convenience, and added complementary ingredients compared to other beet supplements. Still, personal preference will determine which option is right for you.
Where to Buy SuperBeets Heart Chews (Pricing and Purchase Info)
SuperBeets Heart Chews can be purchased directly from the HumanN website at www.humanpowerofn.com. They offer a few purchasing options:
- 1 Canister (30 servings) – $39.95
- 3 Canisters (90 servings) – $109.95 ($36.65 per canister)
- 6 Canisters (180 servings) – $199.95 ($33.33 per canister)
The more canisters you order, the lower the per-canister cost is. Each canister provides a 30-day supply when taking the recommended two chews daily.
HumanN also offers subscribers a VIP auto-delivery option with an additional 10% discount plus free shipping on recurring orders.
Some third-party sites like Amazon also sell SuperBeets Heart Chews but may have slightly higher prices than ordering directly from the company.
SuperBeets can be purchased with a 90-day money-back guarantee if unsatisfied with the product. Just note that you must consume the SuperBeets Chews for at least 30 days before requesting a refund.
Final Verdict: Are SuperBeets Heart Chews Worth Trying?
So, do SuperBeets Heart Chews live up to the hype? Based on the available clinical evidence and product analysis, these beetroot supplements show potential but aren’t miraculous.
For healthy adults looking to leverage the natural benefits of beets, SuperBeets is a quality supplement containing a research-backed dosage of nitrates with a solid value for money.
The chewable form makes it easy to take SuperBeets consistently, which is key to experiencing any benefits. Remember these are gradual over 4+ weeks of daily use – don’t expect an instant boost.
While more research is still needed, the ingredients in SuperBeets, especially the beetroot powder, have been shown to improve blood flow, circulation, blood pressure, and exercise performance related to oxygen use.
However, the evidence could be more precise for benefits like energy and endurance. Digestive side effects are common with beet supplements.
Overall, SuperBeets Heart Chews are worth trying for a month or two to see if you notice any positive impacts, especially related to blood pressure and circulation. Just expect something other than miraculous results.
As with any supplement, your results will vary. However, the nitrates in SuperBeets should provide some level of vascular support for most people.
- Jones, A.M. et al. “Dietary Nitrate Supplementation and Exercise Performance.” Sports Medicine 49.5 (2019): 753-765.
- Bahadoran, Z. et al. “Dietary Nitrate: Pharmacological Actions and Roles in Chronic Diseases.” Pharmacological Research 158 (2020).
- Piknova, B. and Schechter, A.N. “Measurement of Nitrite in Blood Samples Using the Ferricyanide Assay.” Methods in Molecular Biology 1776 (2018): 79-88.
- Lundberg, J.O. et al. “Nitrate and Nitrite in the Diet: How to Assess Their Beneficial and Adverse Effects.” Food & Nutrition Research 62 (2018).
- Kapil, V. et al. “Physiological role for nitrate-reducing oral bacteria in blood pressure control.” Free Radical Biology and Medicine 55 (2013): 93-100.
- Ashor, A.W. et al. “Effects of Beetroot Juice Supplementation on Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Overweight and Obese Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.” Nutrients 12.9 (2020): 2653.