This is one of the most common questions when you first arrive at the gym or when you start a training routine set up by a professional trainer. What are the routine set and repetitions and on what do they depend? Here we are discussing What Are The 4 Types of Fitness?
What Are Series And Repetition?
By repetition, we understand how many times in a row you repeat the same exercise until you rest. This set of repetitions before each break is known as a series or set.
Grouping a series of different exercises will set up your training routine. For example, if you have 4 series and 15 repetitions, that means you will exercise 15 times in a row, you will relax, you will repeat it 15 times, you will relax again, You will repeat it 15 more times, you relax and you repeat it the last 15 times. So you must have completed it 4 times, which is the 4 types of fitness series that you assigned in your routine.
The number of repetitions of each exercise and the number of repetitions will depend on the goal you want to achieve: strength, resistance, or hypertrophy.
There are many types of fitness series and the choice of the best series for you will depend on your goal, circumstances, and level. It recommended that a professional trainer be responsible for assigning your training routines.
Also, here are some of the most popular series:
- Super Series: These include performing 2 different exercises without resting and are ideal for opposing muscles. There will be a break after the series and the next series will be repeated. This type of series is recommended for people who do not have much time for training, as it allows one muscle to work while the other relaxes.
- Pyramids: They can go up or down. First, the idea is to reduce the number of repetitions and increase the weight. In the case of descending pyramids, the opposite happens: you start with less repetition and more weight and you increase repetition and lose weight in each series.
- Brasseries and tri-series: It is about creating a chain of different exercises that work without relaxation between the same muscle groups. If 2 exercises are done in a row then we are talking about biceps and if there are 3 then we are talking about traceries.
- Giants: It is similar to biceps and tracer, only here 4-5 different exercises are collected continuously, with a little rest (or even without it). They are commonly used in large muscle groups and multi-joints.
- Fiery: It consists of a partial repetition at the end of each series, to create extra muscle work for weight loss.
- Forced: You need the help of a coach or a partner to perform this type of series. It’s about repeating as much as possible and helping someone else do some extra repetition. Particular care should be taken with injuries and overheating.
Sets, Reps, And Breaks:
Depending on the series of each exercise and the number of repetitions, you will be working on different factors. For example, if you have a series with only 6-10 repetitions, you are working on muscle development, whereas if you exceed 10 repetitions, you are working on tanning. That way, depending on your goal, your trainer will establish appropriate routines. Along with the relevant series, repetitions, intervals, and weights.
When you start training it is normal to do 2-3 sets of 10 repetitions at most so as not to put too much strain on the muscles and avoid injuries. You will see how difficult it is for you to finish 10 repetitions of each series. But over time you will get better and you will move on better. In fact, you will gain more weight if what you suggest is the tone or muscle mass.
The majority begin with a complimentary routine that includes diet for that purpose, along with fat loss and muscle care. It is important to do high-intensity series training with 30-40 minutes of aerobic exercise at least 3 days a week.
Most veterans who focus on hypertrophy practice 10 sets and 10 repetition routines. This is the so-called 10 × 10 Cometti and a few muscle groups are trained in each session.
They also perform other types of less aggressive routines. For example 3-4 series of 8-12 repetitions with a load of 0.7-0.8 RM (maximum weight lifting in each exercise). The rest of the time can vary between 30 and 90 seconds.
In order for muscle strength to work, many strings and repetitions will not be necessary. The fact, only 2-3 reps have done for each set.
In the case of resistance training, we will talk about 3-4 series with 12-20 repetitions and low weight (approximately 0.5-0.7 RM). Intervals can be up to 30 seconds, for example.
The interval between sets can be 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 45, or 1 minute. Your personal trainer will be responsible for assigning breaks to your training routine with series and repetitions.
Most people have a tendency to concentrate on one sport of exercise or activity and believe that this is sufficient. Exercise should include all four types: endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility, according to research. Each one offers various advantages. The ability to perform one sort can also help you perform the others better, and variation lowers boredom and injury risk.
Whatever your age, you can discover activities to suit your needs and physical level. One entire exercise repeat can be preferred for a repetition. Repetition is just a way to keep track of how many exercises are done in a certain amount of time.
You can more precisely define and successfully complete your fitness goals by using reps and sets to direct your strength training. Reduce the weight or the number of reps if you ever discover that you are unable to complete all of your sets with proper technique. Use a greater weight if, on the other hand, you feel that after many reps your muscles are not becoming sufficiently fatigued.
Frequently Ask Question
A set is a collection of successive repetitions, whereas a repetition, or rep, is a full exercise movement. So three sets of fifteen repetitions would be 15 bicep curls, 30 seconds of rest, and 15 bicep curls, 30 seconds of rest.
Exercises that are aerobic strengthen your heart and lungs. Muscular growth and development are also types of fitness. Stronger muscles can either refer to muscles that are more powerful and capable of larger tasks or muscles that are more resilient.
Fitness principles are for those who are very sincere about their daily diet routine and want to maintain their body physique. Applying the four main principles of training: overload, specificity, reversibility, and variation—will help you get the most out of your workouts.